Monday 3 December 2012

IPP3 Assessment - My Thoughts

On Thursday 29th November 2012, I had my assessment for IPP3.  My chosen research project was 'Chance'.  I've spent the term researching chance procedure and carrying out different tasks.
 
I felt like my assessment went quite well.  For my performance piece I had a number of different instructions written on pieces of paper that I would carry out.  These were folded up and scattered on the floor so when I picked one up, I wouldn't know what I was going to do.


Some of the instructions I had written myself but I didn't know what order I would get them.

 
I also asked my peers and my tutor Polly to write me some instructions. I had no idea what they had written down so when I picked up their pieces of paper, what was written was a complete surprise.
 
 

One of the pieces of paper had 'The End' written on it.  When I picked up that particular instruction, the performance would be over.  I was slightly worried that it would be the first or second piece of paper I picked up but luckily, it was the 18th!



As to be expected, there were some instructions I didn't get to carry out before the end of the performance. (See Below)

 
I was quite disappointed that I didn't two of the instructions.  These had the words 'Dice' and 'iChing' on them.  If I had selected these, I would have got the opportunity to show some of the chance tasks I had been working with.  If I had chosen either of these instructions, I would have used them to create a small movement phrase and demonstrate some of the research I had been doing over the term.
 
 
 
 
I'd also would have liked to explain to the group and Polly my research and what I had been doing prior to the assessment.  As I wasn't sure how long the performance would be, I didn't really give much context to my performance before hand.  Instead, I handed Polly my journal to look at.  Part of me wishes she had taken it with her to have a proper look through.
 
Something that worked well was where the audience were sat.  I'd asked the group to sit wherever they wanted to in the space.  This added another element to taking things out of my control.  I also enjoyed the audience interaction I had during the performance.
 
I've really enjoyed researching chance through out this module.  Something I picked up on during my research was how well some of the techniques would work with children.  Next term, for my final project, I will be teaching a class of 7 year olds in a Primary School and I will definitely use some chance tasks in our sessions.
 
We have our feedback for IPP3 on Thursday so hopefully I'll get some good comments.  I would really like to hear what my peers thought of my piece as well as my tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment